If you are a prospective parent/carer interested in our School, please click on the link below to view our virtual tour. This will give you a taster of what we can offer.
For more information about admissions, please refer to the information below.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to either:
- ring (01803 613296)
- email us (email@example.com).
The hours for our Nursery are in line with the rest of the school, enabling nursery-aged children to attend from 7.45am to 6pm each day.
The Nursery is overseen by our excellent, experienced and fully qualified Nursery Teacher, Miss Ley.
The new year starts in September. Your child will be eligible if he/she is 2 (or above) by 31st August.
The Nursery admissions policy (see link below), will give you more information about our Nursery and what the options are for your child if you would like them to attend.
If you need any more information or have any questions please contact the school office either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone: 01803 613296
For parents of children starting in (and continuing in) our Nursery this year (September 2022), please view the Nursery presentation (link below). Any queries can be dealt with during your Nursery visit in September, 2022 or alternatively if you have any urgent queries, please email: email@example.com
If you wish to be considered for a Nursery place in future years from September 2023, please complete the Expression of Interest form (link below) and we will contact you nearer the time of admission.
Early Years Education Funding for two, three and four year olds
Some two year old children are eligible for 15 hours of free education and childcare per week, 38 weeks per year. For more information about the scheme, whether you are eligible and how to apply, please visit:
All three and four year old children are entitled to 15 hours of free education and childcare per week, 38 weeks per year, while some three and four year olds may qualify for 30 hours of free education and childcare per week, 38 weeks per year. For more information about these entitlements, please visit:
You may find the following information useful:
Our School: Primary School Admission
Primary School Admission – September 2022
- If your child was born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 you must apply for a school place between 1 November 2021 and 15 January 2022.
- Even if you are in our Nursery you must apply for a School Place.
- You can apply for a primary school place through Torbay Council from 1st November at https://www.torbay.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/admissions/primary-place-2022/
- Please register your interest in a school place by completing the ‘Expression of Interest in School Form' link below.
The School’s planned admission number (PAN) is 90. This means that each year we have 90 places in our Reception classes for children to take up.
For information relating to admissions, please click on the following link:
For Admission Arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled Primary Schools, i.e. Sherwell Valley Primary School, in Torbay, please click the following link:
Welcome to Reception September 2022.
To view the presentation for parents/carers please click: Welcome to Reception
Applying for a place at Primary School
Primary School Admission – September 2023
- If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019 you must apply for a school place between 1 November 2022 and 15 January 2023.
- You can apply for a school place through Torbay Council from 1st November, 2022.
- Allocation of places will be on the 17th April 2023
Applying for a place at Secondary School
Secondary School Admission – September 2023 – for Year 6 Parents
- If your child is in Year 6 with a date of birth between 1st September 2011 and 31st August 2012, you should apply for a secondary school place for September 2023 between now and the 31st October 2022.
- You can obtain a copy of the TIPS8 guidance at:
- and apply online at:
- Here you will find links to the registration forms for all selective schools together with an electronic application form. Allocation of places will be on the 1st March 2023