Welcome to your new class.
To view the Welcome video and the 'Hello' from the Reception teachers' videos for Reception children starting in September 2021, please click on this link:
If you are a prospective parent/carer looking at our School, our virtual tour video will give you a taster of what we can offer.
For more information about admissions, please refer to the information below.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to either ring (01803 613296) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The hours for our Nursery are in line with the rest of the school, enabling nursery-aged children to attend from 7.45am to 6pm each day.
The Nursery is overseen by our excellent, experienced and fully qualified Nursery Teacher, Miss French.
The new year starts in September. Your child will be eligible if he/she is 2 (or above) by 31st August.
Parents of Nursery children who have expressed an interest in a place for their child in September 2021 will be contacted on 1st May, 2021, by email. Anyone who hasn't already contacted the School about a place for their child can email the school on:
We hold an open evening in the Spring and would, under normal circumstances, love you to come and have a look around the Nursery and meet the staff. However, due to the current Corona virus restrictions, open evenings and visits are not taking place for the foreseeable future. (As at April 2020)
The Nursery admissions policy (see link below), will give you more information about our Nursery and what the options are for your child if you would like them to attend.
If you need any more information or have any questions please contact the school office either by email: email@example.com
or telephone: 01803 613296
If you wish to be considered for a Nursery place in future years from September 2021 please complete the Expression of Interest form (link below) and we will contact you nearer the time of admission.
Early Years Education Funding for two, three and four year olds
Some two year old children are eligible for 15 hours of free education and childcare per week, 38 weeks per year. For more information about the scheme, whether you are eligible and how to apply, please visit:
All three and four year old children are entitled to 15 hours of free education and childcare per week, 38 weeks per year, while some three and four year olds may qualify for 30 hours of free education and childcare per week, 38 weeks per year. For more information about these entitlements, please visit here:
You may find the following information useful:
Our School: Primary School Admission
Primary School Admission – September 2021
- If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 you must apply for a school place between 1 November 2020 and 15 January 2021. However, we have 3 spaces; please see the information above.
- Even if you are in our Nursery you must apply for a School Place.
- You can apply for a primary school place through Torbay Council from 1st November at https://www.torbay.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/admissions/primary-place-2021/
- Please register your interest in a school place by completing the ‘Expression of Interest in School Form' link below.
Primary School Admission details for September 2022 will be posted when the information is available.
The School’s planned admission number (PAN) is 90. This means that each year we have 90 places in our Reception classes for children to take up.
For information relating to admissions, please click on the following link:
For Admission Arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled Primary Schools, i.e. Sherwell Valley Primary School, in Torbay, please click the following link:
All children start in September, when they will reach their 5th birthday by the following 31st August. There is a short period of induction when children attend part time.
Applying for a place at Secondary School
Secondary School Admission – September 2021 – for Year 6 Parents
- If your child is in Year 6 you should apply for a secondary school place for September 2021 between now and the 31st October.
- You can obtain a copy of the TIPS8 guidance and apply online at https://www.torbay.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/admissions/secondary-place-2021/
- You can apply online or complete a CAF1 form which can be obtained from the Connections Office at Paignton Library and return it to Student Services, 4th Floor South, Tor Hill House, c/o Town Hall, Torquay, TQ1 3DR.
- You still have to apply for a place even if your child has taken or is taking a selective test for a grammar school place.