F.O.S.V. is a group of volunteers made up from parents of children attending the school, and is a registered charity.
- Mufti Day (Halloween theme optional)
- Friday 23rd October. £1 suggested contribution
- FOSV AGM
- Monday 26th October 7 - 8 p.m.
- Halloween Trail
- Saturday 31st October - more details to follow
- Christmas jumper day
- Friday 18th December - more details to follow
- Virtual Christmas fayre
- Date and details - to be announced.
For more information, please click on the FOSV update below and refer to the School Newsletters nearer the dates.
The group meet once every half term to discuss various items as set out on an agenda.
The main purpose of F.O.S.V. is to raise money for extra items that the children need. This is achieved by various events such as discos, cake sales, summer fayres and many other activities.
Requests are then made by the school and the members of F.O.S.V. decide which requests they will fund for the school. Over the past few years F.O.S.V. has funded lots of different things including the following:-
- Stage Electrics and Control Desk
- Yamaha Portable Music System
- Key Stage 1 playground
- Year 6 Year Books
- Key Stage 1 Television, DVD Player and stand
- SVPS Football Shirts
- Nursery Play Equipment
- Life Education Learning
- ICT Software
- Tree Tops multi play unit
- Year 6 BBQ
- Donation for the School Mini Bus
- Donation for ICT equipment
F.O.S.V is completely reliant on volunteers to run this group and this has proved very successful over the years. All parents are welcome at the meetings and new parents are encouraged to come along and have their say.
We hope F.O.S.V. has a very profitable future.
For more information about the FOSV, please visit their website: https://www.facebook.com/SVPSfosv/